Contact Information (or use the contact form below):
Mrs. Elizabeth Anderson, Baugher Elementary Guidance Counselor – (570) 742-7631 ext. 5021
Mrs. Kimberly Stroehmann, Baugher Elementary Guidance Counselor
Ms. Lindsey Stopper, Montandon and White Deer Guidance Counselor – MO: (570) 523-3218 ext. 6021 WD: (570) 568-6201 ext. 7021
Developmental small group guidance will be beginning on November 29, 2017 and will continue every black cycle through mid-May.
Elementary School Guidance Services
- Individual and small group counseling by referral
- Classroom guidance classes for all students in Kindergarten through Grade 5 utilizing resources linked to the American School Counselor Association standards focusing on conflict management; decision-making; problem-solving; organizational skills; communication skills; peer relationship skills; empathy building; cooperation, etc.
- Consultation with teachers, other staff members, and parents to plan appropriate services for every student
- Referrals to and coordination of services with outside agencies
- Student observation and appraisal re: student abilities, behaviors, and achievement toward appropriate decision-making about educational placement and instruction.
- Facilitating the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program school-wide
- Assisting with assimilation of families moving in to the school or district and with transition of families moving out of the school or district
Tips for Parents – Talking about the School Day
Are you tired of hearing the “Nothing” response when you ask your child, “What did you do in school today?” If so, here are some tips for getting more information!
Greet your child with the question, “What’s in your backpack?”
Go through papers together; look over his/her work together; have her/him talk through math problems, science experiments, books read etc. to show you what she/he learned.
Help your child feel proud my making specific comments about things he/she has done that day in school.
You will get a lot more information about your child’s day this way, and it is a fun time to spend together!