Student Registration Process
To be eligible for enrollment in the Milton Area School District, students must reside within the boundaries of the Milton Area School District. Non-resident students can attend by paying tuition. The following are the tuition rates for the 2016-2017 school year: Elementary – $10,059.18; Secondary – $11,073.09. The Special Education rate is 1.5 times the regular tuition rate. These rates are determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and are subject to change each year.
- In order to be guaranteed registration on the first day of school 8/24/2017) students need to be registered online no later than 8/14/2017.
- A verification appointment is required to review submitted online registration information and should be scheduled and completed by 8/17/17.
- Please see “Documents Needed for Student Registration” below to ensure that registration can be finalized at the verification appointment.
- You may upload your documents directly to the Sapphire website. Or, you may bring them to the verification meeting.
- To make an appointment, please call 570-742-7614 ext. 2008.
- Any student after that date will not be guaranteed first day of school registration. Access the PA Code here. (Paragraph b)
Using the district’s Sapphire Community Web Portal, all new student registrations should be started online prior to scheduling an appointment. In order to use the online portal system, you will need to create a Sapphire account. You must first have a personal email account so that an account registration password can be set and emailed to you. Create a free Gmail account here.
If you do not have access to a computer, please call (570) 742-7614 to arrange for the use of a school computer on our campus. This office, and the registration process, is open year round.
To Register Your Child(ren) Online
- Go to Sapphire Community Web Portal Student Registration Page and click Create a New Account
- Complete all fields and click the Next button to complete the online registration (you must have a valid email address)
- You will receive an email upon submitting the online application
- Follow the directions in the email to activate your account
- Upon account activation go back to the Sapphire Community Web Portal Student Registration Page
- Login using the email and password you just activated
- Click on the “Create” button to start a new online registration form
- Enter the requested information on each page
- When all pages are completed click “submit”
- Complete the online form for each child you wish to register
- Apply for Free and Reduced Meals at https://www.paschoolmeals.com/Register.aspx
When the student registration process is finalized, please click to download this document Sapphire Parent Portal Account Information to create the Parent Web Portal Account to view classroom information and grades, update contact information, and setup notification workflows.
Documentation Needed for Student Registration
The following documents are required to register your child in the Milton Area School District.
- Official birth certificate of student
- Immunization records (you can get a copy of your child’s immunization records from the school you are leaving or from your child’s physician)
- Proof of residence in Milton Area School District (two of the following):
- deed (homeowner)
- lease (renter)
- current utility bill
- current check stub for wages, public assistance, social security or other source of income indicating the address within the district
- current credit card bill
- current property tax bill
- current identification card (state issued)
- current vehicle registration
The following documents are recommended:
- Pennsylvania driver’s license indicating the address within the District
Required Immunizations (Review updated immunization information)
For attendance in all grades children need the following:
- Tetanus – 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Diphtheria – 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Polio – 3 or more properly spaced doses
- Measles – 2 properly spaced doses
- Mumps – 2 properly spaced doses
- Rubella (German Measles) – 1 dose
- Hepatitis B – 3 properly spaced doses
- Varicella (chicken pox)- immunity, either from vaccination (2 doses), history of disease or laboratory testing.
Children attending 7th Grade need the following:
- 1 dose of tetanus, Diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
Every child in grades K-12 must be immunized, unless exempt for medical reason, religious belief or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
Kindergarten registration for next school year is conducted at the James F. Baugher Elementary School during the spring. Specific dates will be announced. Please call the elementary office at (570) 742-7631 for more information. Kindergarten pupils must be five (5) years old before September 1 of the current year.
Pupils moving from the Milton Area School District should inform the appropriate office at least three (3) days in advance. Parents/legal guardians are required to complete a withdrawal form prior to the students last day of attendance. For more infomation please call:
James F. Baugher Elementary School: 570-742-7631
Montandon Elementary School: 570-523-3218
White Deer Elementary School: 570-568-6201
Milton Middle School: 570-742-7685
Milton Area High School: 570-742-7611
The Milton Area School District is not responsible for information contained on linked sites.