The Milton Area School District uses Microsoft Office 365 accounts for all staff and students in grades 2 through 12. The Milton Area School District license for Microsoft Office 365 provides cloud storage (OneDrive), email (Outlook), and virtually anywhere access to online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Additionally, Microsoft Office 365 allows Milton Area School District staff and students to install Microsoft Office on up to five PCs or Macs and ten mobile devices (including iPads).
Benefits of Using Milton Area School District Microsoft Office 365
- 1 TB of cloud file storage in OneDrive
- Internal email functionality
- Web-based access to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Apps
- Work across multiple devices right from a browser
- Anytime, anywhere access to files from any internet connected computer or device
- Download full current version of Microsoft Office on five PCs or Macs and ten mobile devices with you Milton Area School District license
- Explore new ways to collaborate, create projects, and learn
- Teachers and students can share “environmentally friendly” digital documents
- Microsoft Office 365 is accessible through the Milton Area School District Student Resource Page. o Go to the MASD homepage
o Click on the “for Students” button
o Click on the Office 365 icon
- Enter your school email address for your username and click the sign in button.
o School email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)
- Office 365 bypasses the password on the login scree
- A network security window will prompt you for your school network username and password.
Questions and Answers
- Can students and staff save personal files to Microsoft Office 365? This is a Milton Area School District tool/service. Personal files should not be created, uploaded, or shared within the Milton Area School District Microsoft Office 365 environment. All activity within the Microsoft Office 365 environment falls under the Milton Area School District Acceptable Use of Internet, Computers, and Network Resources Policy (#815).
- Is the Milton Area School District Microsoft Office 365 student usage and activity monitored? Yes. All activities within the Milton Area School District Microsoft Office 365 are monitored for inappropriate use.
- What are there consequences for inappropriate use? As per the Acceptable Use of Internet, Computers, and Network Resources Policy (#815), “Failure to comply with this policy or inappropriate use of the Internet, district network or computers shall result in usage restrictions, loss of access privileges, disciplinary action, and/or legal proceedings.”